Sunday, February 17, 2013

SNOW!!!

Yesterday I had to leave early in the morning for a meeting in Morrisville and on the way it began raining.  I heard that there was a chance for snow in the forecast but I heard it wouldn't arrive until the afternoon, if we received any. However, as I continued to drive, the rain got heavier. Soon I realized the rain had turned into snow. I took some pictures then when I got to the Bible study I was attending, I sent them to Lauren who was back home in Clayton where it had not yet begun to snow.

Finally, by the time I got back home 2 hours later, the ground was covered in a light dusting of white powder  and the flakes were humongous. It was continuing to come down and we were loving it. After we ate lunch, Lauren went to the movies with some girls from church so I stayed home and made snowballs to welcome them back with when they got home. I nailed them all!

After everyone found a rain jacket, we went outside to build a snowman. The snow was perfect for snowballs and snowmen. In no time we had enough for two, three-ball snowmen. The girls with us wanted to make a Harrison & Lauren snowman and woman so we did that. We found some limbs from trees for arms and carrots for noses. Lauren found some buttons for the eyes and twizzlers for mouths.

We then accessorized the snow-people with some fashionable clothes. Lauren's replica had a scarf and a hat and mine had a hat from Lauren's grandpa's closet and a necktie.

We had a great time and were glad to get to have a snow day with each other and our friends that were with us.

We even awoke this morning to more snow! More fun to be had in our yard!


No comments: