Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas proposal, a year later

As we celebrated Christmas yesterday and reflected back over the year. I saw how incredibly blessed I have been to have Harrison in my life and get to spend all my Christmas days to come with him. As we all opened presents at 7:30am I remembered how that was the time I called the Peaks to wake up my sister (since she and Dillon both weren't answering their phones) and tell them I was engaged! Time sure has flown by and here, a year later, I decided I ought to share our Christmas engagement with all of you.

Harrison and I had been dating for 10 1/2 months and really wanted to spend Christmas together. I was led to believe we weren't going to be able to but little did I know. Christmas morning we had a huge breakfast feast as a team together and opened our presents (we drew names as a team). The year before we had spent the whole day in our pjs watching Christmas movies and Meg and I anticipated that being the same. But, it wasn't and now looking back I can see how much trouble it was to Meg to try and keep me at the Musgroves. We played with all of Maddox's new toys, watched movies, played card games.... Then, I announced I was going home, Meg begged me to stay and I told her I was just going to get something and come back. When I came back to the Musgroves, she was gone and I was so confused. Anne Marie told me she ran to get something so I just stayed there hanging out with them. A few minutes later she and kelsey came back with a pictionary type game to play and so the 4 of us girls started playing with Chris being our judge.

I received a text from Harrison saying he was leaving the orphanage where his team had gone and asked if Meg had given me my letter for the day. He had come to visit on December 10-12 and when he left he gave me a large envelope that had 12 envelopes in it. Each one counted up as the 12 days of Christmas. I had been opening each letter every morning to a picture and letter starting from our beginning of dating to present. Christmas eve was my 12th and last letter but he told me Meg had one more for me.

So, I asked Meg for my letter, which she had in her purse. The letter read that he had left a gift with her for me to open on Christmas morning so that I had one gift from him there. I then asked for it, which Meg said she left under her bed. She said I could go get it but I replied that I would wait. Then Anne Marie chimed in saying no I should go get it now. Which I was excited and so I thought nothing of it and off I went. Our apartment buildings were beside each other so I had to go down their elevator walk over to mine and back up. As I got off their elevator, I thought maybe the gift was him, but I had been torturing myself all week thinking he was surprising me and had to convince myself it wasn't. when my elevator opened up on our floor, I was in for a huge surprise!

Rose petals everywhere! Leading from the elevator to our apartment door, inside and to our Christmas tree where Harrison stood, guitar in hand. I walked in so surprised and he said, Merry Christmas, I wrote you a song. He sang his new written rendition of check yes or no (because he asked me to date him using check boxes) and proposed, where I of course said yes! Then off to calling my parents who were waiting up (it was 2:30 in the morning in Alabama) and his parents, my sisters, etc.

Here is the video of our proposal. He had it set up on our air conditioner in our den. I never saw it til after, ha!


No comments: